STARTIMES UGANDA PREMIER LEAGUE
URA FC v Vipers SC
Saturday March 13, 2021
Arena of Visions – Ndejje | 1:00pm
Just two days after putting SC Villa to the sword with an entertaining 3-0 victory, Vipers Sports Club reconvene yet again for a titanic clash against bogey side URA FC this Saturday at the Arena of Visions in Luweero district.
Being a top of the table clash, It’s another fixture of equal significance as we will be looking forward to winding up the first round engagements against KCCA FC next week and any result other than victory, will be a big setback in our quest to retain the StarTimes Uganda Premier League.
Our title credentials hence face a stern test against a well oiled opponent. It’s going to be a tough call especially if the previous outings with the hosts are anything to go by, however, Vipers boost of quality capable of overcoming any opposition.
- Vipers and URA will be meeting for the 31st time in Uganda’s league history since 2006 when the Venoms joined the top flight division. We have won 6, drawn 11 and lost 13 with a return of 29 goals against 39.
Vipers wins: 6
Goals for: 29
- Out of the 15 meetings between the two teams at the tax collectors home, the Venoms have registered 3 wins only, 8 draws and 4 losses scoring a meagre 15 goals as well as conceding 18 in the process.
- The corresponding encounter at the Arena of Visions, ended in a 3-1 defeat when Saidi Kyeyune, Daniel Isiagi and Cromwell Rwothomio scored for the tax collectors while the Venoms consolation came through Fahad Bayo.
- Vipers first ever victory over URA occurred on April 28th, 2011 in a 2-1 win after 11 fruitless attempts and URA has gone on to dominate the fixture up to date hence the Venoms have a huge task at hand.
- In the previous 5 matches hosted by URA, the four time league champions command only 1 win, 2 draws with 2 losses scoring 8 goals against 10
Last 5 meetings away at URA FC
2015/16:- URA 3-2 Vipers
2016/17:- URA 1-1 Vipers
2017/18:- URA 0-1 Vipers
2018/19:- URA 1-1 Vipers
2019/20:- URA 3-1 Vipers
- Of all the 16 teams playing in Uganda’s top flight division currently, it’s only URA which holds a better head to head against the Venoms as they always inflict misery on us irrespective of any form they might be in.
- Vipers are occupying top position on the league log with 30 points out of the 13 matches played while URA are in second place due to inferior goal difference but with the same number of points as the Venoms.
- Vipers secured a crucial victory in the last fixture against nemesis rivals SC Villa at Kitende while URA overcame Police 2-0 at the MTN Phillip Omondi stadium at Lugogo.
- Shafiq Kuchi Kagimu always reserves his best for Vipers and will be the player to watch as he has scored 3 goals in the last five fixtures between both clubs and the tax collectors rise up to the occasion whenever the opponents are Vipers.
Will the jinx be broken this time or URA is going to continue the dominance? Saturday is the day when such questions will be answered.