STARTIMES UGANDA PREMIER LEAGUE
This Wednesday | 4pm
Vipers SC v SC Villa
St Mary’s stadium | Sanyuka TV
As Vipers SC prepare to host SC Villa in a mouth watering StarTimes Uganda Premier League encounter on Wednesday March 10 at St Mary’s stadium Kitende, there is a lot you must know regarding this fixture.
Matches between the two rivals are always tense basing on all previous engagements therefore St Mary’s stadium won’t be an ideal place for the faint hearted as its bound to be explosive again.
- Overall, it’s going to be the 31st meeting between the two clubs with Vipers commanding a lions share statistically having registered 12 Wins, 11 draws and 7 Losses. The Venoms have scored 37 goals conceding 32 out of the previous 30 meetings.
Head to head at a glance
Vipers wins: 12
Goals for: 37
Goals against: 32
- The last corresponding league fixture at St Mary’s stadium Kitende ended on a sad note when Vipers lost 1-0 to the Jogoos through Ex Venom Bashir Mutanda now plying his trade at Mbarara City FC.
- SC Villa will be looking for a third consecutive victory at St Mary’s stadium Kitende having won the previous two 3-1 and 1-0 respectively.
Past 5 meetings at Vipers home:
2015/16:- Vipers 2-2 SC Villa
2016/17:- Vipers 1-2 SC Villa
2017/18:- Vipers 1-0 SC Villa
2018/19:- Vipers 1-3 SC Villa
2019/20:- Vipers 0-1 SC Villa
- Vipers SC are seeking a seventh consecutive home win this season as they command a 100% record out of the previous six league ties against Kitara FC, MYDA FC, Police FC, UPDF FC, BUL FC and Soltilo Bright Stars FC respectively.
- On the road, SC Villa boosts of only one victory over Kyetume FC while they have drawn three times against BUL FC, Wakiso Giants FC and Busoga United FC, suffering two defeats against URA FC & Express FC.
-Vipers come into this fixture occupying second position on the league log with 27 points from 12 games while SC Villa are lying in 6th place having garnered 19 points from the same number of matches hence are 8 points behind the Venoms.
- In their last fixtures, Vipers lost their unbeaten run to Mbarara City FC in a 1-0 loss while SC Villa drew 2-2 at Bombo barracks ground against Police FC.
With such rivalry between the two teams, this fixture is bound to keep the sizeable number of fans on their toes therefore the place to be on Wednesday is St Mary’s stadium, Kitende.
Copyright 2021 Vipers Sports Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.viperssc.co.ug as the source.