STARTIMES UGANDA PREMIER LEAGUE
Wednesday March 3 | 4pm
Vipers SC v Soltilo Bright Stars FC
St Mary’s stadium-Kitende
Just two days from registering a crucial 3-1 victory over Onduparaka FC in an energy sapping lunchtime league engagement away in the West Nile town of Arua, the Vipers are back for yet again another equally important tie.
The Venoms host Soltilo Bright Stars FC in a StarTimes Uganda Premier League fixture on Wednesday March 3, 2021 at St Mary’s stadium Kitende as the club looks to tighten its grip on the table summit.
Ahead of this mouthwatering encounter, we take you through some key statistics and figures related to the two clubs meetings since 2013 when Soltilo Bright Stars FC joined the top flight league.
- Vipers and Soltilo Brigh Stars will be meeting for the 14th time in the league with the Venoms superior having won 6 times, drawn 7 and without any loss in the previous 13 encounters, we have scored 13 goals against 4.
Head to Head
Vipers wins: 6
Goals for: 13
Goals against: 4
- Soltilo Bright Stars has never beaten Vipers in a competitive fixture hence will be looking for their first ever win over the four time champions.
- The would be corresponding fixture at St Mary’s Kitende was not played last season after all sporting activities were suspended due to the Covid 19 pandemic.
- Previous 5 meetings between the two teams at Vipers home ground
2014/15:- Vipers 0-0 Soltilo Bright Stars
2015/16:- Vipers 1-0 Soltilo Bright Stars
2016/17:- Vipers 1-1 Soltilo Bright Stars
2017/18:- Vipers 3-2 Soltilo Bright Stars
2018/19:- Vipers 3-0 Soltilo Bright Stars
- Coach Fred Kajoba, his assistants Paul Kiwanuka and Francis Mugerwa will be meeting their former employers together with player Jamil Kalisa for the first time as they have all ever worked at the Mwererwe based side.
- Vipers come into this fixture in buoyant moods after beating Onduparaka FC away in Arua while Bright Stars FC held Police to a 2 all draw at Kavumba recreation centre.
- Both clubs have been engaged in six goalless draws out of the 13 previous meetings, a clear testimony that its always a nail biting fixture despite the Venoms having a superior numerical advantage.
- The Venoms come into this encounter sitting on top of the league table with 24 points from 10 while Soltilo Bright Stars occupy 9th position having garnered 14 points from the same number of games.
- Away from home, Soltilo Bright Stars are yet to win a game having drawn 4 times against URA FC, Wakiso Giants FC, Busoga United FC, Kyetume FC and lost to Express FC from their games on the road while Vipers commands a 100% record at home with wins over Kitara FC, MYDA FC, UPDF FC, Police FC and BUL FC respectively.
Its likely to be an exciting battle but three points to Vipers are very vital in sustaining our stay at the top.
Copyright 2021 Vipers Sports Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.viperssc.co.ug as the source.