STARTIMES UGANDA PREMIER LEAGUE
Onduparaka FC v Vipers SC
February 27, 2021
Lunch time kick off 1:00pm
Live on Sanyuka TV
Vipers Sports Club title credentials will be put to a stern test when the lads travel North of the country for a crunch StarTimes Uganda Premier League fixture on Saturday, February 27 at the Greenlight stadium, Arua.
Its going to be a tough call especially if the Venoms previous fruitless visits to the same ground are used as a yardstick which will determine the outcome of this encounter.
However, despite the poor record at the home of our distant rivals, Coach Fred Kajoba has enough ammunition within his current squad capable of overcoming any opposition at a given time hence the reason to be optimistic.
- Heading into the 9th meeting, our record stands at 4 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss out of the previous 8 encounters with a return of 10 goals against 2.
Vipers wins: 4
Goals for: 10
- Away in Arua against Onduparaka, the Venoms have had dismal performances thus we will be looking for not only our first win but even a maiden goal at Greenlight on a fifth attempt therefore its important to set the records straight.
Past 4 meetings at Greenlight Stadium
2016/17: Onduparaka 1-0 Vipers
2017/18: Onduparaka 0-0 Vipers
2018/19: Onduparaka 0-0 Vipers
2019/20: Onduparaka 0-0 Vipers
- Muhammad Shaban now at Vipers is the only player to have ever scored a goal in this fixture in all the four meetings between the two clubs at the Greenlight Stadium.
- Vipers head into this fixture on the back of an impressive winning run after two successive victories on the trot against Police FC (3-2) and BUL FC (1-0) which enabled us to assume the table leadership.
- Onduparaka lost to Police FC 1-3 in their last fixture at the MTN Phillip Omondi stadium, Lugogo hence will be eager to impress in front of not more than 200 passionate home fans due to Covid 19 regulations to curb its spread.
- The Venoms are currently leading the league table with 21 points from 9 games while the Caterpillars occupy 7th position having garnered 15 points from the same number of games thus lying 6 behind Vipers.
- Vipers last away fixture was against Kyetume FC at the FUFA Technical Centre, Njeru ending in an entertaining 2 all draw through Paul Mucureezi and a late equaliser courtesy of Yunus Sentamu while the Caterpillars hammered the same team 3-1 in their last home fixture as Med Kyeyune bagged a brace with Emmanuel Oketch adding the third before Joseph Semambo scored The Slaughters consolation goal.
It is sure to be an exciting battle with Vialli Bainomugisha and Kajoba likely to approach the game in positive fashion but three points to Vipers are key to sustaining our stay at the top.
Copyright 2021 Vipers Sports Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.viperssc.co.ug as the source.