StarTimes Uganda Premier League
Onduparaka FC v Vipers SC
Saturday, October 26.
Greenlight Stadium, 3:00pm
Live on Sanyuka TV
Vipers Sports Club title credentials will be put to a stern test when the lads travel north of the country for a rescheduled StarTimes Uganda Premier League (UPL) fixture on Saturday October 26 at the Greenlight stadium, Arua.
Its going to be a tough call especially if our previous fruitless visits to the same ground are used as a yardstick which will determine the outcome of this encounter.
However, despite the poor record at the home of our distant rivals, Coach Edward Golola has enough ammunition within his current squad capable of overcoming any opposition at a given time hence the reason to be optimistic.
- Heading into the 7th meeting, our record stands at 3 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss out of the previous 6 encounters with a return of 9 goals against 2.
Vipers wins: 3
Goals for: 9
- Away in Arua against Onduparaka, the Venoms have had dismal performances thus we will be looking for both our first goal as well as a win at Greenlight on a fourth attempt therefore its important to set the records straight.
Past 3 meetings at Greenlight:
2016/17:- Onduparaka 1-0 Vipers
2017/18:- Onduparaka 0-0 Vipers
2018/19:- Onduparaka 0-0 Vipers
- Shaban Muhammad now at Vipers is the only player to have ever scored a goal in all the three meetings between the two clubs at the Greenlight stadium.
- Vipers head into this fixture on the back of an impressive winning run after four successive victories on the trot against Proline (1-0), Police (3-1), Express (3-0) and BUL (2-1) which enabled us to assume the table leadership.
- Onduparaka has collected more points away than at their own backyard this season and lost to URA 1-2 in their last home fixture before succumbing to a 4-0 rout against KCCA in the previous match ahead of our tie.
- The Venoms are currently leading the 16-team log with 20 points from 8 games while the Caterpillars occupy 4th position having garnered 15 points from the same number of games 5 behind Vipers.
- Vipers last away fixture was against Police at the StarTimes stadium Lugogo and the Venoms emerged victorious with a 3-1 win as Paul Willa, Halid Lwaliwa and Karim Watambara did the damage after Hood Kaweesa had given the Cops a surprise lead.
It is surely going to be an exciting battle with Livingstone Mbabazi and Golola likely to approach the game in positive fashion but three points to Vipers are key to sustaining our stay at the top.
Copyright 2019 Vipers Sports Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.viperssc.co.ug as the source.