StarTimes Uganda Premier League
Police FC v Vipers SC
Wednesday October 9th, 2019
StarTimes Stadium, 4:30pm
An improved performance full of commitment and character, exhibited over the weekend enabled Vipers Sports Club to overcome Proline FC 1-0 as we returned to winning ways after two consecutive draws prior to the Saturday encounter.
Fahad Bayo was again the hero when he connected a well weighed Paul Willa cross from the right to seal off all three points for the Venoms in front of passionate home fans.
However, that is now in the past as Vipers get set to play an independence day encounter against the Cops managed by our former tactician Abdallah Mubiru and the game is scheduled at StarTimes stadium, Lugogo away from Kabaka Kyabaggu Wakiso.
- Vipers and Police will be meeting for the 29th time in the Uganda Premier League history with the Venoms firmly in control statistically having registered 13 wins, 8 draws and 7 losses and a return of 33 goals against 20 thus collecting 47 points out of the previous 28 encounters.
Vipers wins: 13
Goals for: 33
- Vipers biggest win over Police is a 5-0 rout during the 2011/12 second round encounter at Nakivubo stadium while our biggest loss is a 4-0 we suffered in our 2006 debut season.
- In the past 5 league engagements between the two clubs at Police’s home, Vipers has managed 2 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses scoring 5 goals against 6.
Previous 5 matches hosted by Police
2014/15 Police 1-2 Vipers
2015/16 Police 0-0 Vipers
2016/17 Police 2-0 Vipers
2017/18 Police 2-1 Vipers
2018/19 Police 1-2 Vipers
- Dan Serunkuma scored home and away against Police last season, he netted the solitary goal in a 1-0 win at St Mary’s stadium before putting the Venoms in the lead at Lugogo in the second round fixture.
- The corresponding fixture at StarTimes Stadium Lugogo ended 2-1 in Vipers favour as Sserunkuma gave us the lead which Safi Nasur cancelled with the equaliser and Rahmat Senfuka wrapped up all the three points when he scored the winner 13 minutes from regulation time.
- Vipers come into this fixture on the back of a morale boosting 1-0 victory over Proline at Kitende while Police lost an eight goal thriller away to Express in a 5-3 entertaining loss hence will come all guns blazing against us.
- The Venoms lie fourth on the 16 team table log with 11 points out of 5 matches and Police are glued in the bottom half after being docked points for failing to honour their would have been opening fixture against Onduparaka.
Its therefore bound to be an explosive encounter worth watching so lets all be there to witness what both sides have in store as they aim to move upwards on the league table.
Copyright 2019 Vipers Sports Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.viperssc.co.ug as the source.