StarTimes Uganda Premier League
Vipers SC v Mbarara City FC
Saturday 14th September 2019, 3:00pm
Vipers sports club is set to resume StarTimes Uganda Premier League duties after the international break where two of our would be fixtures against BUL FC at home and Onduparaka FC away, were called off due to a quartet of players on the Cranes team.
The Venoms are hosting Mbarara City this Saturday at St Mary’s stadium in what promises to be a mouth watering encounter bound to keep fans of either team on their tip toes.
Basing on their last visit performance in the Pilsner Fufa Super 8 semi final which ended one all before Vipers progressed via a 5-3 penalty shoot out, the Ankole lions will walk unto the Kitende turf full of confidence as they gave us a run for our money in that encounter.
Therefore, as match day approaches, we take you through the statistical view regarding the previous meetings between the two clubs.
- League meetings between the two sides started during the 2017/18 season when Mbarara City FC joined the top flight division thus this fixture is set to be the 5th meeting. Vipers commands the bragging rights with 2 wins, 2 draws without a loss out of the previous four.
- The Venoms have scored 4 goals altogether conceding only 1 hence will go into the game as favourites though the Western Uganda based side won’t be push overs as they possess ammunition that can cause havoc.
Vipers wins: 2
Goals for: 4
- Mbarara City have never beaten Vipers in a competitive fixture hence the visitors will be seeking their first ever victory over the Venoms. So, it remains to be seen how they approach the game.
- Vipers come into this league engagement on the back of a 1-0 win over Tooro United on matchday 2 courtesy of Fahad Bayo while the Ankole Lions lost to Express 3-2 when Daniel Shabena pounced right at the death for the third goal.
- The burrow, home of Vipers sports club is not a good hunting ground for the visitors as they have lost 1 and drawn 1 out of the previous two visits at Kitende.
Mbarara City previous visits:
2017/18 Vipers 2-0 Mbarara City
2018/19 Vipers 1-1 Mbarara City
- The corresponding fixture at St Marys stadium ended in a one all draw when Paul Mucureezi cancelled out Dan Serunkuuma’s opener for Vipers as both teams shared the spoils.
Will the Venoms maintain their superiority on Mbarara City or the Ankole Lions have a surprise in store?? Such questions can only be answered in your presence not narrated. Therefore be there to witness history unfolding.