StarTimes Uganda Premier League
Tuesday, 3rd September, 2019
Vipers SC v Tooro United FC
St Mary’s Stadium, 4pm
The Startimes Uganda Premier League resumes on Tuesday when Vipers Sports club hosts Tooro United FC at St Marys Stadium as we aim to maintain the perfect start to this season.
This is a game that fills you with a mix of fear, tension plus excitement regardless of where both teams could be on the league log and it has a rich history behind since 2013/14 season when the visitors joined the top flight league.
Ahead of this anticipated thriller, we take you through the detailed statistics regarding the two clubs previous league meetings as D-day approaches.
- Both clubs have had change of names for rebranding purposes as Vipers was previously Bunamwaya Sports Club until 2012 while Soana Football Club became Tooro United FC at the start of last season.
- Field battles between the two sides started in 2013 with the Tuesday fixture set to be the 13th meeting, Vipers commands numerical superiority statistically having recorded 8 wins, 4 draws without a loss in the previous 12.
- The Venoms have scored a resounding 20 goals altogether conceding only 4 which clearly shows how dominant we have been against the car dealers.
Vipers wins: 8
Goals for: 20
- Vipers Sports club has never lost a competitive match to Tooro United hence the visitors will be seeking for their first ever win over the Venoms therefore its left to see how this particular one unfolds.
- Vipers come into this encounter on the back of an impressive 3-1 victory against hard fighting Bright Stars FC in the opening fixture while Tooro United overcame Busoga United 2-1 at Wankulukuku Stadium on Saturday.
- The corresponding engagement at St Marys stadium ended in a dull 0-0 draw which eventually led to the sacking of Mexican Javier Martinez Espinoza from Vipers after persistent lacklustre performances.
- Tooro United has managed only 3 draws out of their previous six visits at Vipers thus they approach this game at the back of a poor record at the burrow.
Tooro United previous visits
2013/14 Vipers 4-0 Tooro United
2014/15 Vipers 1-1 Tooro United
2015/16 Vipers 2-0 Tooro United
2016/17 Vipers 2-0 Tooro United
2017/18 Vipers 1-1 Tooro United
2018/19 Vipers 0-0 Tooro United
Will the Venoms rise up to the occasion or does Tooro United have a remedy to cure Vipers dominance over them? Just be at St Mary’s Stadium (Kitende) on Tuesday at 4pm to get the answer.