Pilsner Super 8 Final

Vipers SC 2-0 KCCA FC

Best Goalkeeper

Fabien Mutombora

Man of The Match

Fahad Bayo

If ever there were any doubts about who KCCA’s strongest league title challengers will be, then that argument could have been put to rest today.

New man Fahad Bayo tormented the KCCA rearguard throughout the game. He was rewarded with two goals that earned him Man Of The Match.

This is after their clash with Vipers, the team with whom they have shared the last seven league titles, ended with the latter as comfortable 2-0 winners of the Pilsner Super 8 tournament.

Jubilant Venoms put on a dominant show in dispatching the Lugogo side enroute the Super 8 Cup.

KCCA could easily point to fatigue playing a huge factor, with manager Mike Mutebi retaining seven players who started Friday’s 2-0 Caf Champions League win over Namibia’s African Stars.

Allan Kayiwa shielding possession from KCCA’s towering Peter Magambo.

But the fact that he fielded the likes of Allan Okello, Mustafa Kizza and the two Mutyabas; Muzamir and Mike from the start, showed how high he seemed to regard the preseason tournament.

Vipers new signing Siraje Ssentamu orchestrating play in the middle against a sea of yellow shirts.

It was, however, startling at times to see KCCA subdued by a more energetic Vipers team that many at the Muteesa II Stadium, Wankulukuku will struggle to recall a short on target beyond Muzamir Mutyabas late long range effort.

KCCA striker Erisa Ssekisambu tackles Vipers forward Abraham Ndugwa. The Venoms prevailed over KCCA in the final.

By then, the game was already out of KCCA’s hands with Fahad Bayo marking his Vipers debut by powering in an 11th minute header from an Abraham Ndugwa freekick.

Vipers striker Dan ‘Mzee’ Sserunkuma peeling away from the prying eyes of KCCA’s Nicholas Kasozi.

Strike partner Daniel Mzee Sserunkuma then missed a golden chance to add a second goal directing his effort straight at KCCA goalkeeper Jamil Maliyamungu after being put through by Ndugwa.

How the Venoms lined up against KCCA FC.

But Bayo, who troubled KCCA’s backline of John Revita and Samuel Kato all evening then got his brace connecting with substitute Brian Nkuubi’s low centre midway through the second half. Revita was then sent off late in the game to leave KCCA outnumbered on the pitch and on the stands.