StarTimes Uganda Premier League
Friday 22nd February, 2019
Vipers SC v Bright Stars FC
St Mary’s stadium, 4:00pm
Vipers sports club take on Bright Stars FC in a must win rescheduled StarTimes Uganda Premier League encounter on Friday 22nd February, 2019 at St Mary’s stadium as we continue in our quest to retain the league title.
Ahead of the mouth watering game, we take you through the key statistics and figures related to the two clubs meetings since 2013 when the Mwererwe based side joined the top flight league.
- Vipers and Bright Stars will be meeting for the 12th time in the league with the Venoms slightly superior having 4 wins, 7 draws and no loss out of the previous 11 encounters and we’ve scored 7 goals against 3.
Vipers wins: 4
Goals for: 7
Goals against: 3
- Bright Stars have never beaten Vipers in a competitive fixture hence will be seeking for their first win over the three time league champions.
- The corresponding fixture at St Mary’s stadium ended 3-2 in Vipers favour after Tom Masiko’s stunning winner in the 89th minute sealed an emphatic victory after Kokas Opejo’s strike and Nelson Senkatuka penalty had threatened to spoil the party by cancelling out Brian Nkuubi’s opener before Steven Mukwala restored parity in the 82nd minute.
Previous meetings at Vipers home:
2013/14 Vipers 0-0 Bright Stars
2014/15 Vipers 0-0 Bright Stars
2015/16 Vipers 1-0 Bright Stars
2016/17 Vipers 1-1 Bright Stars
2017/18 Vipers 3-2 Bright Stars
However, despite having not lost to our visitors, they always give us a difficult time whenever we meet as evidenced in the few goals scored during the previous meetings whether home or away.
- The Venoms come into this fixture on the back of a frustrating 1-1 draw away to Tooro United at Buhinga stadium while Brights Stars drew 0-0 with Mbarara City FC at the Champions stadium in Mwererwe.
- Its only last season’s 3-2 scoreline has this fixture produced more than 2 goals as all the other 10 league engagements ended in under score margins.
- Vipers and Bright Stars have been engaged in six goalless draws out of the previous 11 meetings between the two clubs as its always a nail biting contest.
2013 /14 Vipers 0-0 Bright Stars
2014 /15 Bright Stars 0-0 Vipers
Vipers 0-0 Bright Stars
2016/17 Bright Stars 0-0 Vipers
2017/18 Bright Stars 0-0 Vipers
2018/19 Bright Stars 0-0 Vipers
- The Venoms have registered a double over Bright Stars only once during the 2015/16 football season with identical 1-0 wins in both fixtures and since the first round match ended goalless, Vipers won’t be able to improve on that record.
- This encounter marks coach Fred Kajoba’s 22nd time to manage a team against Vipers and his record stands at 4 wins, 6 draws with 11 losses but will be looking for his first win over the Venoms as a Bright Stars tactician, all his four wins happened at Simba SC.
Kajoba’s wins over Vipers
2010/11 Vipers 0-1 Simba
Simba 1-0 Vipers
2011/12 Vipers 0-1 Simba
2012/13 Vipers 1-2 Simba