StarTimes Uganda Premier League
Friday, February 1st, 2019
Vipers SC v Kirinya Jinks SSS FC
St Mary’s Stadium | 4PM
Vipers Sports Club heads into Friday’s StarTimes Uganda Premier League (UPL) fixture when Kirinya Jinja SSS FC visits St Mary’s stadium looking for three points to keep in touch with log leaders KCCA FC.
Ahead of the anticipated league thriller, viperssc.co.ug takes you through match facts related to this encounter which are very key statistically as both sides prepare to face off.
- This is going to be the sixth meeting between the two teams dating to way back in 2016 when Kirinya Jinja SSS FC joined the top flight division.
- During the previous 5 meetings, the Venoms are slightly ahead with 2 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss, having scored 6 goals against 4 conceded making the fixture more intriguing.
- Vipers remain the only unbeaten club this season and on a run of 32 league matches overall without defeat, their last loss was against URA FC on 28th November 2017.
- Kirinya Jinja has never beaten Vipers on their last two visits, they lost 1-0 on the maiden visit at Nakivubo stadium in 2016 through a Tony Odur strike while a brace from Milton Karisa ensured all three points for the Venoms last season.
- It therefore implies that Kirinya Jinja will be seeking to score their first ever goal at Vipers home on the third visit.
- Goalkeeper Didi Muhammad (Kirinya Jinja) is the only player to have been sent off in all previous league engagements between both teams, he was given marching orders during the first round 2-2 draw at the Mighty Arena in Jinja.
- 16 bookings have been registered in the past meetings with 9 shown to Kirinya Jinja while Vipers has received 7 however individually, Yayo Lutimba (Vipers) and Willy Macro (Kirinya Jinja) accounts for 2 cautions each.
- Vipers SC lie second on the UPL table at 31 points, 6 behind KCCA while Kirinya Jinja occupy the 11th position with 19 points, a whopping 12 points behind the Venoms.
The encounter is scheduled to take place on Friday at St Mary’s stadium Kitende.