StarTimes Uganda Premier League
URA FC v Vipers SC
Friday (January 25) | 4PM
Mandela National Stadium, Namboole
As Venoms prepare to visit URA FC in a rescheduled mouth watering Startimes Uganda Premier League fixture on Friday at Namboole stadium, we take you through the facts and vital statistics related to engagements between the two clubs.
This is going to be Vipers first match following elimination from the Caf Confederation Cup at the hands of CS Sfaxien of Tunisia hence the encounter provides us the opportunity to bounce back as we chase front runners KCCA FC.
If there is one team which mastered the art of overcoming Vipers whenever both clubs meet, its URA infact it took the Venoms six seasons to register a win over the tax collectors during the 2010/2011 league campaign.
- Vipers and URA are meeting for the 27th time in the league history since 2006 when the Kitende based side joined the top flight division.
- In the previous 26 meetings, Vipers has won 5, drawn 10 and lost 11 times scoring 25 goals conceding 33 in the process.
- Vipers won the corresponding fixture at Namboole stadium 1-0 through a well struck Erisa Sekisambu penalty after Jimmy Kulaba handled in the forbidden territory.
- It will be Coach Micheal Nam Ouma’s third league match in charge of Vipers after drawing 0-0 with Bright Stars FC before thumping Onduparaka FC 3-0.
The Venoms lie in second position at 29 points out of 13 matches while URA occupies 6th place with 21 points from 14 games.
- Sam Ssimbwa as a coach has never beaten Vipers in a competitive match at any of the clubs he has managed in his entire career hence he will be seeking his first ever win over the Venoms.
- Out of the eight matches against Vipers, he has no win, drawn 5 times and 3 losses with 6 goals registered against 10 conceded.
Ssimbwa’s record against Vipers
2007: Vipers 2-1 Express
2008: Simba 1-1 Vipers
Vipers 1-0 Simba
2009: KCCA 0-0 Vipers
2011/12: Vipers 1-1 Express
Express 1-1 Vipers
2012: SCVU 1-3 Vipers
2014: SC Villa 1-1 Vipers
Will it be his first time lucky against Vipers or will the Venoms dominance over Ssimbwa coached teams continue??