As Vipers Sports Club welcome their distant yet bitter rivals Onduparaka FC to St Mary’s stadium tomorrow in the Startimes Uganda Premier League, viperssc.co.ug takes you through the statistics surrounding this encounter.
Despite the fixture not holding much history as regards the two fierest on field sworn enemies, Vipers SC head into tomorrow’s showdown with the West Nile based side ahead in terms of statistics.
- Vipers and Onduparaka will be meeting for the fifth time in the league with the Venoms slightly superior statistically having won 2, drawn 1 and lost 1 scoring 6 goals against 2 conceeded in the process.
- Onduparaka has never beaten Vipers at Kitende having lost the previous 2 league encounters 4-1 and 2-0 respectively therefore they come into this fixture seeking for their first ever away win over the Venoms.
- Vipers host tomorrow’s fixture on the back of three disappointing results where they have neither won a single match nor scored a goal over 270 minutes, they lost 2-0 at home to Algeria’s CS Constantine in the Caf Champions League followed by a disappointing 0-0 draw with Tooro United before another frustrating 0-0 stalemate against Bright Stars FC at Mwererwe on Saturday.
- The Venoms head into this match in 2nd position 7 points off table leaders KCCA FC albeit with two games at hand while Onduparaka are 3rd placed 2 points behind Vipers having played two more games.
- In the corresponding fixture at St Mary’s stadium, Vipers beat Onduparaka 2-0 through a beautiful Milton Karisa strike as early as the 7th minute while Erisa Ssekisambu added a second four minutes later as the defending league champions majestically cruised to their third league crown with a second round unbeaten run.
- Vipers have not lost a game in 27 top flight division matches ahead of the Caterpillars engagement, the Venoms last lost a league game 2-1 to URA FC on 28th November 2017 after Henry Kisekka and Shafiq Kagimu cancelled out Milton Karisa’s opener to register the Venoms only league loss at Kitende.